Be part of the Making
Calling for Volunteers
We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic volunteers to join this year’s Doc Edge Festival.
This year’s festival is a big one. Accompanying the screenings, we have multiple red-carpet events, Q+A’s with the filmmakers and performances pre and post some of the screenings. On top of this, Doc Edge will be running the largest XR exhibition the festival has seen with a variety of Immersive experiences from VR headsets that touches topics from mental health to sociocultural and environmental impact, a New Zealand AR experience making a pacific totem come to life, an AI experience inviting couples to test their relationships and projection screenings that challenge the traditional form of documentary storytelling.
With all of this in mind, we are inviting you to volunteer with us as we will need some extra hands-on-deck to assist the doc edge team as well as the movie and exhibition go-ers. There will be guidance and training prior to your shift. If assisting with the XR exhibition, some basic understanding of technology is helpful but not required.
You will be part of event & festival experience that includes
− Access to Doc Edge screenings and events
− Access to the XR Exhibition
− Working within a dynamic and professional team
− Network with new people and industry workers
Download details on volunteer information.
Fill in the form or contact [email protected] with your contact details and some information about your background and skills. Please indicate what dates, including times, you are available between the 15-26 June.
To create a vibrant and successful festival and other events, we rely on the goodwill, generosity and commitment of private and public sector partners, who donate cash, goods and/or in-kind services to the festival.
In return, we offer our partners the opportunity:
- to introduce your corporate services and products to our audiences
- to brand particular products or activities
- to enhance corporate recognition
- to have privileged access to industry trends and market intelligence
- to support talented documentary filmmakers at all levels of their careers
- to contribute to the ongoing health and development of the documentary industry
- to contribute to an event that enhances New Zealand’s cultural vibrancy and
- to support the presentation of dynamic, thought-provoking films which offer unique perspectives on the world around us
There are a variety of partnership opportunities with Doc Edge. We would be pleased to explore a partnership with you.
Get in touch with Rachael, our General Manager, or call (09) 360 0329 for more information.