2023 Submission is now Open
Doc Edge Pitch is a documentary pitching forum for shorts, features and TV series. It is NZ’s only event dedicated to pitching documentary and factual projects before a panel of local and international decision-makers.
Finalists receive support through workshops on pitching presentations, and individually from mentors who provide project-specific feedback and advice.
Pitch it. Get Feedback. Receive Support. Make It.
Key dates for 2023:
Submission deadline: 27 February
Finalists announcement: 27 March
Workshops: April – May
Doc Edge Pitch 2023: June
Note: Please ensure that you submit through the correct link depending on the nature of your project.
“The opportunity to put myself in front of a panel of local decision makers at Doc Edge gave me an opportunity… and ultimately lead to helping secure NZ On Air funding to get the series made.”
The 2022 Doc Edge Pitch Finalists
New Zealand Projects
- Drag Kings | Gal Hochman, Director | Madison Smith, Producer
- A Place Called Home | Francine Zuckerman, Director/Producer | Alex Reed, Producer
- Rewired | Hayley Thom, Director
- I Thought Jesus Was Korean? | Elina Osborne, Director
- Sweet As, Cuz | Peter Day, Director/Producer
- Guardians of the River | Lachlan McLeod & Veialu Aila Unsworth, Co-directors | Kerry Warkia & David Elliot-Jones, Producers
- Iggy In Love | Thomas Burstyn, Director | Alex Yoke Sun Lee, Mark Johnston & Amanda Handy, Co-producers
- Singing for Silence | Xingxing Zhang, Director | Jia Zhao, Producer | China
- Nothing Called Home | Arkus Arkus, Director | Gargi Chakrabarti, Producer | United Arab Emirates
- Building With A Conscious Mind | Islahuddin Asharf & Tonmoy Das, Directors | India
- Devi | Subina Shrestha, Director | Rosie Garthwait, Producer | United Kingdom
- Concrete Land – Kayan | Ashmahan Bkerat, Director/Producer | Sahar Yousefi, Producer | Jordan
- Fortitude | Torsten Hoffmann, Director/Producer | Chris Kamen, Producer |United Kingdom
- The Price of Land | Mezanur Rahman, Director | Bangladesh
- Catching Them Young | Pankaj Johar, Director | Hans Robert Eisenhauer, Producer | India, Germany
- My Brother’s Children | Milivoj Puhlovski, Director | Mirta Puhlovski, Producer | Croatia
- Where Is Home? | Lamtiar Simorangkir, Director/Producer | Indonesia
- Searching Roots: An Artist’s Tale | Rafiqul Anowar, Director/Producer | Bangladesh
- Anonymous | Anonymous | India