Join our growing team
Doc Edge currently has the following role(s) available.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience, alongside your CV to Rachael Penman, General Manager with the subject line: Application for <role title>.
For any questions, please email Rachael directly.
Position: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Length: Fixed term full time
Reports to: General Manager
The Documentary New Zealand Trust (Doc Edge) is a not-for-profit charitable organisation that promotes documentary film and filmmaking. It is a national organisation for the documentary and digital storytelling sectors based in Auckland.
Doc Edge delivers programmes and events including an annual International Documentary Film Festival, Industry, and schools’ programmes and year-round OnDemand platforms.
Doc Edge wants a pro-active, media savvy and impact-focused individual. This role allows you to see the impact that our digital marketing campaigns are having. You will be the go-to person across all EDMs (Electronic Direct Mail) and communications. In addition, you will also take ownership of all website campaign content, making sure that it is kept fresh and up to date.
A strong understanding of the written word is at the core to this role. You should enjoy working in small team in a not-for-profit sector.
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail
• Relationship management with strong organisation skills
• Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
• Familiarity with MS Office, EDMs and the use of CRM (Salesforce and Pardot)
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
• Ability to think outside the box
• Effective planning skills, along with attention to details
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, tight deadlines and to work effectively under pressure
• A high level of self-motivation and enthusiasm
• 2+ years’ experience and/or marketing qualification preferred
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Co-ordinate national and regional marketing campaigns across multiple print and digital channels including but not limited to magazine, print, outdoor media
• Manage deadlines associated with campaigns and publications
• Implement digital campaigns
• Develop digital & social marketing campaigns to support publications
• Develop and implement customer communications across all channels (e- newsletters, social channels, digital channels, print etc.)
• Ensure the accuracy and quality of all communications
• Assist with tracking and reporting key analytics for all digital marketing activities
• Develop narratives and content to grow engagement – events, digital & stories
• Research, write and schedule social media content
• Ensure the timely delivery of all marketing material
• Support the execution of the marketing and communications strategy
• Support the marketing initiatives across all events and activities
• Ensure all activities are aligned with Doc Edge brand
• Provide regular reports to the General Manager
• Support the growth of Doc Edge database and social media
• Maintain a working knowledge of Doc Edge and a personal commitment to its goals and objectives
• Work closely with all other staff, the Board of Directors and other associated persons as well as assisting the General Manager with such other tasks as required