Conceptualised by Doc Society and Sundance Documentary Institute, Good Pitch brings together documentary filmmakers with foundations, NGOs, campaigners, philanthropists, policymakers, brands and media to mobilise social and environmental initiatives. This aims to forge coalitions and campaigns that are good for all these partners, good for the films and good for society.
Since 2007, Good Pitch has spread across the world. Over 10 years, more than USD30 million has been raised in philanthropic grants for the funding of social impact documentaries and their impact campaigns, forging priceless pro bono support, and 1,700 powerful strategic partnerships.
Comprising regional and local events, Good Pitch upskills filmmakers with important skills including impact producing and provides a platform to pitch and seek support for films’ impact campaigns.
Doc Edge has led the development of an alliance of Pacific nations committed to Good Pitch, facilitating great impactful stories from our filmmakers to travel around the world.
In October and November 2020, Good Pitch Aotearoa New Zealand presented The Future of Impact Producing, a series of three workshops (online) to introduce the main programme in 2021.
Good Pitch Aotearoa New Zealand 2021
Applications to join Good Pitch Aotearoa New Zealand 2021 will open Friday 22 January 2021 and close Monday 1 March.
• Projects: Good Pitch supports feature length (60+ mins) social justice and environmental documentaries with the potential for strong community outreach campaigns.
• Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or PR holders.
• Project Selection: Four projects will be selected by a jury of local and international experts.
• Timeline: Applications will open 22 January and close 1 March 2021. Selected film teams will be notified of acceptance in early April.
• Good Pitch Aotearoa New Zealand supports impact campaigns and outreach for films in post-production or completed. Films must have production funding in place. All details related to any broadcast and distribution agreements must be noted in the application.
• Commitment: Two members of each team (filmmaker and producer) must be available to attend the Impact Lab (Early May 2021 – date TBC), the Pitch Workshop and Event Day (Early October 2021 – date TBC) in their entirety.
For more details regarding submissions, click here
GOOD PITCH AOTEAROA NZ COMMITTEE
Alex Lee Director, Doc Edge
Dan Shanan Executive Director, Doc Edge
Manukaroa Anderson Development Executive (Ngāti Wewehe)
Faumuina Felolini Maria Tafuna Managing Director, Te Toki Voyaging Trust and Flying Geese Productions
Linsey Lee Good Pitch Aotearoa New Zealand Coordinator
Beadie Finzie Director, Doc Society
Malinda Wink Global Director Good Pitch, Doc Society
James Franklin Creative Director, Doc Society
Global Programme By:
In Partnership With:
Global programme by
In partnership with