RANGATAHI FILM FUND
Supporting the making of documentaries
for the younger generation.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
In partnership with Rei Foundation Limited, Doc Edge is excited to announce the Doc Edge Rei Foundation Rangatahi Film Fund, an innovative new fund to support short documentaries for the next generation, our rangatahi, youth aged 11 – 17 years old.
Documentaries must be 40 minutes or less in length. Animation is acceptable.
Documentary/narrative hybrids will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
What we are looking for:
- Creative, artful, compelling and innovative storytelling techniques
- Strong story narrative at the core of the film
- A unique perspective or approach; use of humour a plus Contemporary relevance
- Feasibility of the project with respect to its budget, financing, schedule and scope
- Demonstrated ability of the creative team to have implemented previous projects
- Emphasis on the story not the lesson or agenda of the filmmaker
Filmmakers must demonstrate credible access to and rapport with the proposed subject(s) of their stories, originality of form, approach or content potential of the project to generate public discourse and social engagement.
Submission deadline: 31 July 2019
Doc Edge Rei Foundation Rangatahi Film Fund proudly accepts entries on FilmFreeway,
the world’s #1 way to enter film festivals and creative contests.